NYSMATYC Scholarship Awards
About the Scholarships
Michelle Downey from Genesee C.C. receives a scholarship at the 2007 Annual Conference.
Each year, NYSMATYC awards are granted to mathematics students in New York State who expect to transfer from a two-year college in January or June and who plan to continue their studies in mathematics or a related field. Students are encouraged to apply if they have completed at least one year of calculus, at least a 3.5 grade point average in completed mathematics courses, and a 3.3 G.P.A. overall.
Please note that the scholarship awards are competitive. The requirements listed above are minimum eligibility criteria and do not guarantee being selected for an award.
This year, the deadline for students to apply for a NYSMATYC scholarship award was February 8, 2013.
For the 2012-2013 academic year, there were 10 scholarships awarded:
- Navid Safaie (Rockland CC) - $1,000 - Helen Siner Memorial Scholar
- Alexander McInroy (Corning CC) - $1,000 - John Vadney Past Presidents' Award
- Andrew Platt (Mohawk Valley CC) - $1,000
- Joshua Alaniz (Onondaga CC) - $1,000
- Dilek Kucuk (Suffolk CC) - $1,000 - Dan Dodway Memorial Scholar
- Kevin Farr (Mohawk Valley CC) - $650
- Caleb Donovick (Broome CC) - $650
- Daniel Sauter (Corning CC) - $650
Please consider donating to the NYSMATYC Scholarship Fund.