NYSMATYC Scholarship Awards
About the Scholarships
Michelle Downey from Genesee C.C. receives a scholarship at the 2007 Annual Conference.
NYSMATYC awards are granted to mathematics students in New York State who have been enrolled in a two-year college during the 2015-2016 academic year and who expect to transfer to a bachelor’s degree granting institution during the 2015-16 or 2016-17 academic year to continue their studies in mathematics or a mathematics related field. Applicants must have at least one year of Calculus completed (Calculus I and II), at least a 3.5 grade point average in completed mathematics courses, and at least a 3.3 G.P.A. overall. Students interested in mathematics education are especially encouraged to apply.
Please note that the scholarship awards are competitive. The requirements listed above are minimum eligibility criteria and do not guarantee being selected for an award.
This year, the deadline for students to apply for a NYSMATYC scholarship award will be February 12, 2016.Please review the documents below for more information.
For the 2014-15 academic year, there were 7 scholarships awarded:
- Marcus Ross (Jefferson) $1000 - Helen Siner Memorial Scholar
- Rachael Krause (Niagara) $1000 - John Vadney Past Presidents' Award
- Tamer Elsioufi (Mohawk Valley) $800 - Award for Excellence in Mathematics
- Alexander Dean (SUNY Canton) $800 - Award for Excellence in Mathematics
- Alzahra Ahmed (LaGuardia) $800 - Award for Excellence in Mathematics
- Michael DiStefano III (Monroe) $800 - Award for Excellence in Mathematics
- Nicholas Jerla (Niagara) $800 - Award for Excellence in Mathematics
Please consider donating to the NYSMATYC Scholarship Fund.