NYSMATYC Scholarship Awards
About the Scholarships
Michelle Downey from Genesee C.C. receives a scholarship at the 2007 Annual Conference.
NYSMATYC awards are granted to mathematics students in New York State who have been enrolled in a two-year college during the 2016-2017 academic year and who expect to transfer to a bachelor’s degree granting institution during the 2016-17 or 2017-18 academic year to continue their studies in mathematics or a mathematics related field. Applicants must have at least one year of Calculus completed (Calculus I and II), at least a 3.5 grade point average in completed mathematics courses, and at least a 3.3 G.P.A. overall. Students interested in mathematics education are especially encouraged to apply.
Please note that these scholarship awards are competitive. The requirements listed above are minimum eligibility criteria and do not guarantee being selected for an award.
This year, 24 applications were received from students enrolled at 10 colleges across New York State.
This Year's Scholarship Winners
For the 2016-17 academic year, there were 10 scholarships awarded:
- Jared Kittleson (Corning) $1000, Dan Dodway Memorial Award
- Alexandra Gloskowski (Genesee) $1000, Helen Siner Memorial Award
- Christian Bossio (Nassau) $1000, John Vadney Past Presidents Award
- Monica Jackson (Mohawk Valley) $750, Award for Excellence in Mathematics
- Skylar Laesser (Genesee) $750, Award for Excellence in Mathematics
- Neil Minet (Onondaga) $750, Award for Excellence in Mathematics
- Kiera Gross (Genesee) $500, Award for Excellence in Mathematics
- Ngoc Huynh (Bronx) $500, Award for Excellence in Mathematics
- Betuel Oliva (Nassau) $500, Award for Excellence in Mathematics
- Johnathan Peritore (Genesee) $500, Award for Excellence in Mathematics
A total of $7,250 will be given out for scholarships at the April 2017 Conference in Syracuse, NY. Congratulations to all of our scholarship winners!
Please consider donating to the NYSMATYC Scholarship Fund.