NYSMATYC Scholarship Awards
About the Scholarships
Michelle Downey from Genesee C.C. receives a scholarship at the 2007 Annual Conference.
NYSMATYC awards are granted to mathematics students in New York State who have been enrolled in a two-year college during the 2015-2016 academic year and who expect to transfer to a bachelor’s degree granting institution during the 2015-16 or 2016-17 academic year to continue their studies in mathematics or a mathematics related field. Applicants must have at least one year of Calculus completed (Calculus I and II), at least a 3.5 grade point average in completed mathematics courses, and at least a 3.3 G.P.A. overall. Students interested in mathematics education are especially encouraged to apply.
Please note that the scholarship awards are competitive. The requirements listed above are minimum eligibility criteria and do not guarantee being selected for an award.
For the 2015-16 academic year, there were 10 scholarships awarded:
- Rebecca Sheets (Genesee) $1000 - Helen Siner Memorial Scholarship
- Ekaterina Jones (Monroe) $1000 - John Vadney Past Presidents Award
- Kristin Campo (Suffolk) $1000 - Dan Dodway Memorial Scholarship
- Tao Hong (Queensbourgh) $650 - Award for Excellence in Mathematics
- Rohan Swaby (Bronx) $650 - Award for Excellence in Mathematics
- Paige Turilli (Rockland) $650 - Award for Excellence in Mathematics
- Seneca Collins (Corning) $500 - Award for Excellence in Mathematics
- Ha Minh Dao (Orange) $500 - Award for Excellence in Mathematics
- Megan Donato (Jefferson) $500 - Award for Excellence in Mathematics
- Gobinda Senchury (Laguardia) $500 - Award for Excellence in Mathematics
A total of almost $7,000 was given out for scholarships at the April 2016 Conference in Kingston, NY. Congratulations to all of our scholarship winners!
Please consider donating to the NYSMATYC Scholarship Fund.