NYSMATYC Scholarship Awards
About the Scholarships
Michelle Downey from Genesee C.C. receives a scholarship at the 2007 Annual Conference.
NYSMATYC awards are granted to mathematics students in New York State who have been enrolled in a two-year college during the 2020-2021 academic year and who expect to transfer to a bachelor’s degree granting institution during the 2020-21 or 2021-22 academic year to continue their studies in mathematics or a mathematics related field. Applicants must have at least one year of Calculus completed (Calculus I and II), at least a 3.5 grade point average in completed mathematics courses, and at least a 3.3 G.P.A. overall. Students interested in mathematics education are especially encouraged to apply.
Please note that these scholarship awards are competitive. The requirements listed above are minimum eligibility criteria and do not guarantee being selected for an award.
This year, the deadline for students to apply for a NYSMATYC scholarship award will be March 3, 2021.
Please review the documents below for more information.
- Letter to the Student
- Student Application Form (editible pdf)
- Letter of Recommendation (editible pdf)
For the 2019-20 academic year, there were 10 scholarships awarded:
- Brian Nelson - Suffolk CC, $1000, Helen Siner Memorial Award
- Julia Lew - Queensborough CC, $1000, John Vadney Past Presidents Award
- Robert Carr - Hudson Valley CC, $800
- Yanqiu Guo - Queensborough CC, $800
- Ma'or Lev - Hudson Valley CC, $800
- Yanbin Li - Queensborough CC, $800
- Madison Speakman - Rockland CC, $500
- Marissa Brennan - Genessee CC, $400
- Kaitlyn Rabe - Mohawk Valley CC, $400
- Joshua Stuhlan - Mohawk Valley CC, $400
A total of $6,900 was given out for scholarships for the 2019-2020 academic year. Congratulations to all of our scholarship winners!
Please consider donating to the NYSMATYC Scholarship Fund.