NYSMATYC Scholarship Awards
About the Scholarships
Michelle Downey from Genesee C.C. receives a scholarship at the 2007 Annual Conference.
NYSMATYC awards are granted to mathematics students in New York State who have been enrolled in a two-year college during the 2021-2022 academic year and who expect to transfer to a bachelor’s degree granting institution during the 2021-22 or 2022-23 academic year to continue their studies in mathematics or a mathematics related field.
Please note that these scholarship awards are competitive. The requirements listed are minimum eligibility criteria and do not guarantee being selected for an award.
Apply for a Scholarship!To meet minimum eligibility for an award this year, a student must:
- have been enrolled in a two-year college during the 2021-2022 academic year
- expect to transfer to a bachelor’s degree granting institution during the 2021-2022 or 2022-2023 academic year
- plan to major, minor, or concentrate in mathematics or a related field upon transfer
- have successfully completed both Calculus I and Calculus II
- have at least a 3.3 overall G.P.A.
- have at least a 3.5 G.P.A. in your completed mathematics courses. [Note: Some math-related courses may apply and some lower level mathematics courses may not apply.]
- Complete the student application form below
- Request recommendations from two instructors (at least one mathematics instructor). The Instructor Recommendation Form is available below, and will be emailed to instructors when the form is received.
- Have your school send an OFFICIAL electronic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2022.
Please review the documents below for more information.
For the 2020-21 academic year, there were 7 scholarships awarded:
- Kristo Nasto - SUNY Corning, $1000, Helen Siner Memorial Scholar
- Roaa Rdeef - Westchester Community College, $1000, Dan Dodway Memorial Scholar
- Rossmery Pesantez - SUNY Sullivan, $800, Excellence in Mathematics Award
- Thibichtruyen Nguyen - Onondaga CC, $800, Excellence in Mathematics Award
- Grace Smith - Hudson Valley CC, $800, Excellence in Mathematics Award
- Duane Barrow - Niagara Community College, $300, Excellence in Mathematics Award
- Alexis Riccardo - Onondaga CC, $300, Excellence in Mathematics Award
A total of $5,000 was given out for scholarships for the 2020-2021 academic year. Congratulations to all of our scholarship winners!
Please consider donating to the NYSMATYC Scholarship Fund.