NYSMATYC Scholarship Awards
About the Scholarships
Michelle Downey from Genesee C.C. receives a scholarship at the 2007 Annual Conference.
NYSMATYC awards are granted to mathematics students in New York State who have been enrolled in a two-year college during the 2019-2020 academic year and who expect to transfer to a bachelor’s degree granting institution during the 2019-20 or 2020-21 academic year to continue their studies in mathematics or a mathematics related field. Applicants must have at least one year of Calculus completed (Calculus I and II), at least a 3.5 grade point average in completed mathematics courses, and at least a 3.3 G.P.A. overall. Students interested in mathematics education are especially encouraged to apply.
Please note that these scholarship awards are competitive. The requirements listed above are minimum eligibility criteria and do not guarantee being selected for an award.
This year, the deadline for students to apply for a NYSMATYC scholarship award will be March 6, 2020.
Please review the documents below for more information.
- Letter to the Student
- Student Application Form (editible pdf)
- Letter of Recommendation (editible pdf)
For the 2018-19 academic year, there were 9 scholarships awarded:
- Takahito Isobe - SUNY Rockland, $1000, Helen Siner Memorial Award
- John King - Jefferson CC, $1000, John Vadney Past Presidents Award
- Kaitlyn Barlow - Mohawk Valley CC, $1000, Dan Dodway Memorial Award
- Emma Farnsworth - Finger Lakes CC, $750
- Cody Turk - Mohawk Valley CC, $750
- Alexander Bennitt - Corning CC, $500
- Dayna Daygherty - SUNY Morrisville, $500
- Stephen Epp - Corning CC, $500
- Paul Milliken - Corning CC, $500
A total of $6,500 was given out for scholarships at the April 2019 Conference in Corning, NY. Congratulations to all of our scholarship winners!
Please consider donating to the NYSMATYC Scholarship Fund.