NYSMATYC Scholarship Awards
About the Scholarships
Michelle Downey from Genesee C.C. receives a scholarship at the 2007 Annual Conference.
NYSMATYC awards are granted to mathematics students in New York State who have been enrolled in a two-year college during the 2018-2019 academic year and who expect to transfer to a bachelor’s degree granting institution during the 2018-19 or 2019-20 academic year to continue their studies in mathematics or a mathematics related field. Applicants must have at least one year of Calculus completed (Calculus I and II), at least a 3.5 grade point average in completed mathematics courses, and at least a 3.3 G.P.A. overall. Students interested in mathematics education are especially encouraged to apply.
Please note that these scholarship awards are competitive. The requirements listed above are minimum eligibility criteria and do not guarantee being selected for an award.
This year, the deadline for students to apply for a NYSMATYC scholarship award is March 1, 2019.Please review the documents below for more information.
- Letter to the Student
- Student Application Form (editible pdf)
- Letter of Recommendation (editible pdf)
Previous Scholarship Winners
For the 2017-18 academic year, there were 15 scholarships awarded:
- Linh Cai – Suffolk CC, $1000, Dan Dodway Memorial Award
- Jonah Green – Monroe CC, $1000, Helen Siner Memorial Award
- Thanh Ho – Monroe CC, $1000, John Vadney Past Presidents Award
- Hien Lam – Onondaga CC, $750
- Marharyta Pliazhuk – Mohawk Valley CC, $750
- Robert Cook – Genesee CC, $500
- Taylor Nusstein – Genesee CC, $500
- Jason Parsons – Nassau CC, $500
- Jody Reveil – SUNY Rockland, $500
- Siu Chung Wong – Nassau CC, $500
- Nathan Amidon – Finger Lakes CC, $200
- Megan Evans – Niagara CC, $200
- Jessica Hewlett – SUNY Sullivan, $200
- Dmitrii Kapitonov – Genesee CC, $200
- Bridget Maring – Onondaga CC, $200
A total of $8,000 was given out for scholarships at the April 2018 Conference in Glens Falls, NY. Congratulations to all of our scholarship winners!
Please consider donating to the NYSMATYC Scholarship Fund.